The Annual Fund is a yearly campaign to raise funds for our need-based financial aid program at Mater Dei. Currently 38% of our students receive some level of aid.
Mater Dei does not charge the actual cost of educating its students. The difference is filled in with gifts to the Annual Fund and other financial aid programs at Mater Dei. The school does this as the financial resources of our families vary greatly. The tuition is set at a level that the administration believes is fair to all. When families can make up the difference with donations to the Annual Fund, they can do so in a tax deductible manner.
The school’s administration, recognizing the current economic times, has taken these steps over the past two years to help with the cost to attend Mater Dei.
- Froze the Tuition for the 2009-2010 school year at the same rate of 2008-2009.
- Froze the salaries for our employees for the 2009-2010 school year at the level of 2008-2009.
- Made non essential cost reductions over the past two school years to balance the budgets.
- Significantly increased the level of financial aid for the 2010-11 school year.
- Continues to fundraise for financial aid through the Annual Fund and other financial aid programs to offset operational expenses.
Can you help?
A gift can be made online here.
Also, be on the lookout for our end of the year appeal in December 2010.
Jonathan Tufo ’91